Pedestrian Accident Lawyers In Washington DC
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have experience representing accident victims in Washington, D.C., Virginia & Maryland. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
Helping Victims Seek Justice
Whether you are walking the busy city streets of DC or cycling around the suburbs of Virginia or Maryland, you should feel safe as a pedestrian. Unfortunately, accidents happen involving innocent people that can lead to a serious injury.
Many local laws are designed specifically with the safety of pedestrians in mind. Even still, there are instances where motor vehicles can sometimes put pedestrians in danger. In congested areas in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia in particular, this happens all too frequently. According to a study on pedestrian accidents in DC published by the District Department of Transportation, there are over 1,000 pedestrian accidents reported each year, on average.
If you’ve been injured by an automobile as a pedestrian, it’s important to understand your rights. Whether you were struck by a car, truck, or bus, you may be entitled to compensation in light of your injuries. Fortunately, the experienced accident lawyers at Zukerberg & Halperin are here to help.
Getting Justice After An Injury
If you were seriously injured after your accident, you may be entitled to monetary damages for all of your losses. Generally speaking, the monetary value of your case may include recoveries for things such as:
- pain and suffering, lost wages,
- mental anguish,
- inconvenience, etc.
While it’s impossible to say exactly how much your injury case is worth, a good injury lawyer will be able to help determine a reasonable case amount. After working with you to uncover what happened and investigating the details of your injury, you and your attorney will be able to determine a potential case value.
Who To Trust After A Pedestrian Accident Injury
With more than 50 years of combined legal experience behind us, Zukerberg & Halperin are the accident lawyers you need. Their personal injury attorneys routinely handle accident cases throughout the DC, Maryland and Virginia area with a great level of success. Conveniently located in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C., they are accustom to experiencing busy city streets where these accidents are likely to occur. They have an intimate knowledge of the area and a personal distaste for careless or reckless drivers. In fact, Senior Partner Paul Zukerberg is an avid bicyclist and understands just how frustrating it can be when drivers put pedestrians in harms way.
If you are considering speaking to a pedestrian attorney and you’ve suffered a serious injury, we suggest calling our lawyers right away. There is never any fee unless you win your case and are compensated for your injuries.
Tough, Reliable Accident Lawyers
Victims of pedestrian accidents typically wind up with pretty substantial injuries. Unfortunately, some such injuries can even be life-threatening or fatal.
Pedestrian injuries can often include things such as:
- Head and neck trauma
- Fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Cuts, contusions, lacerations, and abrasions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Torn and sprained ligaments
- Wrongful death
Common accident types that cause pedestrian injuries:
- Being hit by a car
- If you were hit by a truck
- Being hit by a public transportation vehicle (such as a bus, taxi, or Uber)
- Or, being hit by an electric scooter
Pedestrians sustaining injuries such as those may be able to file a lawsuit for damages. If successful in your claim or trial, you will be awarded just compensation. Filing a lawsuit can be incredibly complex yet equally important. It truly takes the skill of an experienced, top-rated injury lawyer. If you are interested in learning more about your options or filing a claim you should call our personal injury lawyers right away. Our proven team of lawyers will do everything in their power to earn your trust and successfully settle your case.
Why Trust Our Injury Law Firm
- Our DC injury attorneys have over 50+ years of experience serving the DC, VA and MD community.
- Our clients love us and claim we’re the best personal injury lawyers in DC… they have even left our firm some phenomenal 5-star personal injury lawyer reviews online.
- A senior partner at the firm will personally oversee your case… getting personal attention from your lawyer after an injury isn’t something other firms typically offer.
- Should you retain our team of attorneys, you’ll have your lawyer’s personal cell phone number in case you have any questions; call day or night for updates or questions about your case!
- We’ve won millions of dollars fighting on behalf of our clients, including a record-setting injury settlement! Our case results truly speak volumes about our expertise in personal injury law.
When To Call An Injury Lawyer
Anytime you were injured as a pedestrian as the result of someone else’s negligence, you should contact a pedestrian accident lawyer attorney right away.
There are many reasons why you shouldn’t delay, including:
- Statute of limitations laws may impact your case, so waiting is never a great idea – the best time to call is now!
- An attorney is best utilized early on in the case, not just once it comes time to file a lawsuit. They can help navigate the entire process after an injury, not just the legal proceedings.
- The consultation is completely free – you can speak with one of our attorneys over the phone today!
- If retained, you won’t pay ANYTHING unless you win your case and are compensated for your injuries.
Speak To An Injury Lawyer Now: 202-232-6400
Don’t Let An Accident Ruin Your Future!
Being struck by a vehicle as a pedestrian can cause an awful lot of strain and headache. In addition to dealing with painful injuries and a long road to recovery, the accident can also have a negative impact on other areas of your life. Hospital bills, doctor bills, prescription medication, physical therapy, and other expenses can be difficult to cover. This is especially true if your injuries prevent you from working. Our Washington DC personal injury firm can help secure the financial recovery you deserve. And, there is never a fee unless you win.
Reach out to Zukerberg & Halpering, PLLC as soon as you can to begin seeking the financial recovery you deserve. One of our pedestrian accident lawyers will provide a free consultation. Simply give us a call at (202) 232-6400!