Beauty Salons & Spas Can Cause Personal Injuries
Washington, DC – October 27, 2017. Beauty salons and spas are supposed to make you more beautiful, but some
visits can end in disaster.
If your beauty salon visit resulted in a personal injury, you need to know your rights. That’s because a lot to go wrong at a hair salon or spa. For example, there are many products and procedures which can harm you.
Keep reading more from our Washington DC personal injury blog!
How Beauty Salons Can Pose a Danger
At Zukerberg & Halperin, PLLC, we have seen many people suffer serious injury from visiting a beauty salon. Some beauty treatments use powerful chemicals, such as dyes or tints, which can result in burns and eye injuries.
Here are some examples:
- Tinting of eyelashes and eyebrows are particularly dangerous, since the FDA has not approved any products for permanent eyelash or eyebrow tinting. Allergic reactions are common as well.
- Other products, even those labeled as organic, can cause hair loss and chronic medical conditions. Organic does not necessarily mean safe.
- Laser hair removal treatments are another problem area. Poorly trained staff are often the source of the problem. The FDA is currently reviewing whether laser hair removal is a medical procedure, and whether these powerful lasers should be restricted to trained medical personnel. Misuse can lead to deep scarring requiring plastic surgery.
- Salon sinks, with carved-out neck-holes can cause stokes and other neurological injuries, by cutting off the supply. Doctors have a name for it. It’s called Beauty Parlor Stroke Syndrome. Hyperextension of the neck during hair washing can slice an artery. Customers with neck, back or artery problems need to extra careful.
- Manicures and nail care can lead to other injuries, such as fungal infections, herpes and hepatitis and other blood illnesses. Where improper disinfection procedures are used, herpetic whitlow is the most common infection.
Get in Touch with Zukerberg & Halperin, PLLC Today
Our Washington DC personal injury attorneys have over 50 years of experience. Therefore, you can trust your case to them. If you have been injured at a spa, a beauty salon, call us today.
Call the experienced lawyers at Zukerberg & Halpering, PLLC today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a trained lawyer.